We have several different styles of service on offer across the Benefice, with services to hopefully suit all tastes and preferences and you are welcome at all of them.
On a related note, St Katharine's Church, Knockholt is open to the public from about 10am to 4pm every day, and St Margaret's, Halstead from about 9am to 6pm. Times will vary depending on the time of year, and include Sundays when the churches are open for the same times around our services.
8.00am Holy Communion (BCP)
A traditional spoken service of Holy Communion in a quieter and more reflective atmosphere. This is held at St Margaret, Halstead on the 1st Sunday of the month, and at St Katharine, Knockholt on the 3rd Sunday of the month.
9.00am at Knockholt (St Katharine)
- 1st Sunday: Family Service with all-age sermon. Baptisms are held during this service.
- 2nd Sunday: Family Communion. Children's group meets in the Glass Room.
- 3rd Sunday: Early Birds: A short 30-minute service with snappy songs and a story, followed by a teddy bear picnic in Church with biscuits and squash.
- 4th Sunday: Family Communion. Children's group meets in the Glass Room.
10.30am at Halstead (St Margaret)
- 1st Sunday: Family Service with all-age sermon. Youth Choir sings at this service. Baptisms are held during this service.
- 2nd Sunday: Family Communion (spoken). Children's group meets in the North Room.
- 3rd Sunday: Family Communion (sung)
- 4th Sunday: Family Service. Children's group meets in the North Room.
4.00pm Infomal Communion (Badgers Mount)
We meet at 4pm on the fourth Sunday of each month at Badgers Mount Memorial Hall for a friendly informal Communion service followed by tea and cake. All welcome (not just those who live in Badgers Mount).
Family Service (CW)
An informal service, without Holy Communion, which aims to be inclusive of all ages, from toddlers to older people. A screen may be used for the words of lively traditional and modern hymns and illustrated talks.
Family Communion (CW)
A modern language service of Communion with activities for children available (either activities to engage children while part of the main service, or a group running alongside). Please see the Young People pages for more details.
BCP Holy Communion
A traditional reflective Holy Communion service following the Book of Common Prayer. A moment of quiet in the busy week. Most Wednesdays during term time - 11am at St Katharine's, Knockholt.
We meet at 2.15pm on the second Wednesday of each month at either St Katharine's, Knockholt or St Margaret's, Halstead. All pre-school children and babies and their carers are welcome to join us for a fun and informal time of stories, songs and activities, followed by playtime plus drinks and biscuits!